Sunday, April 13, 2008

Instant Gratification

http://www.navigadget.com/wp-content/postimages/2007/06/gps-phone-01.jpg

Want coffee? How about a burger? With GPS ready phones, you can find this stuff almost instantly. Marc Cieslak in Rise and rise of the GPS mobile, discusses the many new developments with GPS Phones from being able to locate restaurants, landmarks and even your children.

In my marketing class, we discussed how companies are actually using the GPS to send a text with promotional info to your phone if you are walking by their store. I think the ability for you to find restaurants within the area and restaurants capable of finding you are amazing developments in mobile technologies. This is definitely the wave of the future. I know that when I am walking around in an unknown city, my GPS BlackBerry provides me with info about local spots that I would have only dreamed of a few years ago.

1 comment:

David R. said...

This technology scares me. I don't trust marketers and advertising agencies and I really feel that someone is going to cross th eline with this technology. I expect there to be a backlash. At this point with an iphone you can just look up whats around you without it being force-fed and ad-driven.